9 January 2010
"The Summer Hill flour mill was built circa 1922, utilising the north-south goods railway line that was constructed during World War 1. The silos were added from the 1950s onwards. The flour mill has been owned by various companies, including Mungo Scott, and Goodman Fielder, and then Allied Mills.  In October 2007, the mills were sold to a developer, EG Funds Management, who plans to redevelop the mill site into a residential and commercial precinct." - Wikipedia
"The Master Plan places much importance on extending the light rail line as a way of alleviating traffic but this alone is not a solution and, in any case, the light rail extension is by no means guaranteed. Similarly, it can not be assumed that the bulk of new residents will choose to use the existing heavy rail line in preference to their cars. Regrettably, for the foreseeable future, the only way to accommodate a population increase of the magnitude likely to result from the twin developments of McGill St and the Mungo Scott Mills is a major expansion of road capacity and this is just not possible." - NoM - McGill Street Precinct Master Plan (November 25, 2009 ashfield.nsw.greens.org.au)
Light rail … plus a greenway corridor for cyclists, walkers and wildlife...In addition to light rail services, the Rozelle line corridor should also be used as a cycle route, linking bike paths along the Cooks River in the south with those at Iron Cove to the north. - www.ecotransit.org.au
Cooks River to Iron Cove Greenway - www.greenway.org.au
Page updated 7 May 2015.