Title: The Forest Lodge Allotments on the Parramatta Road adjoining the Archdeaconry and near the City Boundary [Sketch book 4 folio 193] Series: NRS 13886 Surveyor General's Sketch books.Dated: 03/06/1845 Digital ID: NRS13886[X758]_a110_000038
Forest Lodge was the Southern part of the Toxteth estate, which extended to Orphan's School Creek, which flowed from what is now the Cricket Ground of Sydney University at the Southern end of Ross Street.
DEVELOPMENT CONTROL PLAN NO.23 ORPHAN SCHOOL CREEK provides guidance and controls for infill housing on development sites adjoining Orphan School Creek, and principles for development of associated open space. The plan was adopted by Leichhardt Council on 26 March 1996. An amended plan was adopted on 17 January 2001 and came into force when advertised on 24 January 2001...DEVELOPMENT CONTROL PLAN NO.23 (PDF viewed 6 December 2012)
This part of the estate was subdivided around 1907. Third sub-division of Toxteth Estate bounded by Crescent Lane(now Minogue crescent), Wigram Road and Cliff street.
Briarbank added to Forest Lodgo Public School offers additional playground and adaptable for manual training and cookery training - 1916 'FOREST LODGE SCHOOL.', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 11 August, p. 3, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article15701858
Two new rooms for Forest Lodge School - 1912 'FOREST LODGE SCHOOL.', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 24 July, p. 21, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article15340705
Augustus Fisher Oldfield, of 6 Pashley-street, Balmain kille by Tram -1908 'FOREST LODGE FATALITY.', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 11 January, p. 14, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article14891509
Bunting and Drills in the style of Empire Demonstration at Forest Lodge Superior School - 1909 'FOREST LODGE SCHOOL DISPLAY.', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 17 June, p. 5, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article15065697
Residents compete with "large works" for water - 1875 'FOREST LODGE WATER SUPPLY.', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 6 August, p. 8, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article13358518
Petition for Water Supply for Numerous residents of Forest Lodge - 1867 'WATER TO FOREST LODGE ESTATE.', Empire (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1875), 19 June, p. 5, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article60841488
"from E. Green, of Forest Lodge, N.S.W., for an improved combined water filter and oooler, usable also as a refrigerating safe and container" - 1889 'APPLICATIONS FOR PATENTS.', The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933), 29 October, p. 4, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article3503172
Recommendation that reports from the finance committee, submitting a draft bill to amend tho boundaries of the city of Sydney, and from the water committee, recommending the laying of water mains at a cost of £1060, in response to a petition from residents - 1868 'CITY MUNICIPAL COUNCIL.', Empire (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1875), 25 February, p. 4, viewed 2 July, 2012, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article60850729
Tram on Minogue Crescent with Aqueduct in background (Circa 1958): . (map)
This page www.ramin.com.au/forest-lodge/history.shtml last updated 7 May 2014