Ecologically Sustainable Sydney
Lighting | Stratas | Planning |
Renovation | E-Waste | Bookshop | About & Contact Us | Privacy |
Guide | LED Lighting | LED vs T8 vs T5 | LED Solar | LED Trials | E-Waste | LED vs Halogen | Standards | Packaging
Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature. Ramin Communications is not recomending the specific products mentioned here and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information about specific products. Electricity is DANGEROUS and should not be treated lightly. Information on individual product packaging should be read carefully and understood before installation. The advice of qualified Electricians should be sought on specific requirements and installations.
Unlike CFLs, LED Lamps contain no mercury. For more on Fluorescent lamps and mercury, see end-of-life management and Mercury in Fish .
LED Lighting Trials
- Annandale LED Path Lighting Pilot (2012)
- Annandale Neighbourhood Centre Lighting Pilot (2012)
Local councils pay electricity distributors to maintain streetlights on their behalf and LED streetlights have the potential to cut both their energy and maintenance charges by a significant amount.
Mr Myors said Light Emitting Diode technology was becoming more common in household lights, however the technology had not yet become mainstream in public lighting on Australian streets.
"An average household LED can last more than 20 years and cut energy use by up to 75%," Mr Myors said.
"But we don’t yet know how they can perform in streetlights under Australian conditions."..Energy saving technology tested on NSW streets
Ausgrid trials of LEDs at eight sites are progressing well with Ausgrid now
indicating that it may be willing to stage a full LED Expression of Interest (EOI)
within a couple of months and a full tender later this year. The continuing
challenges with CFL lighting have notably accelerated Ausgrid’s consideration of
LEDs in recent months...Leichhardt Municipal Council, LMC Climate Change Taskforce (Agenda March 2012) more
- The City of Sydney could potentially reduce energy consumption by 50 per cent -- saving millions of dollars in electricity and dramatically reducing greenhouse gas emissions....LED Lighting Trial
- Torrington, Connecticut, issued an RFP for installation of 522 LED streetlights in June 2011. The project includes funding of $149,600 from US EECBG program
- Yori Park conversion to LED in 2007 (www.reno.gov). "The Linden/Grove/Yori area clean up is scheduled for Saturday, November 8, 2008. Appreciation was expressed for the repairs and lighting provided at Yori Park - CITY OF RENO WARD TWO CENTRAL NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY BOARD MEETING MINUTES DRAFT November 6, 2008
Streetlights with 60 LEDs, Type II medium optics with backlight control, 525mA, UL Listed, Two-Level Sensor, Color Temperature: 6000K streetlights replaced 250-watt high-pressure sodium fixtures. Anticipated energy and maintenance savings of approximately 60% per year by retrofitting. - LEDWAY Yori Park Case Study
- Survey of Sites around the World (May 2011)
http://ramin.com.au/eco-sydney/LED-Lighting-Trials.shtml © Ramin Communications 2012. Last modified 1 October 2012