Presenter: Marghanita da Cruz
Video & Animation Editors
- avidemux - cross platform open source, can read (indexed) MPEG files
- written in Python
- uses GTK+, multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces and
- Gnonlin, set of GStreamer elements to ease the creation of non-linear multimedia editors.
- multimedia importing and processing is handled by GStreamer - library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
- diva - project to build an easy to use, scalable, open-source video editing software for the Gnome desktop.
- jahshaka - open source project to build a hardware accelerate editing and effects system.
Jahshaka, Jahplayer and jplayer are available for Windows, OsX and Linux.
- cinepaint - free open source software tools for deep paint manipulation and image processing. CinePaint is used for motion picture frame-by-frame retouching, dirt removal, wire rig removal, render repair, background plates, and 3d model textures
- stop motion - create stop-motion animations from pictures imported from a camera or from the harddrive, add sound effects and export the animation to different video formats such as mpeg or avi
Postscript: More Editors
www.ramin.com.au/linux/slug-bootcamp-19may2007-videoeditors.shtml © Ramin Communications 2007. Last modified 7 May 2015.