Annandale on the Web
Promoting Annandale on the Internet since 1998
Booth Street - (LMC Masterplan)
Booth Street in the rain Friday 28 June 2013 around 8.15am
The Bus Shelters on Booth Street both East and West of Johnston street are currently in the wrong location, obstruct the footpath and block view of approaching buses/hailing passengers.
- If a bus stops at the shelter, it obstructs the pedestrian crossings accross Booth Street (forcing them into traffic in Johnston Street)
- If the first bus stops at the correct spot (beyond the bus shelter), the second bus obstructs the pedestrian crossing)
- Passengers getting on and off the bus have to negotiate the advertising panel, electricity poles, 40k zone poles
- The advertising Panel blocks the view the approaching bus from the bus stop and hailing the bus is hazardous, because the view of the passenger is obstructed by the Advertising panel
- Passengers choose to shelter under the pizza shop or chemist awning in preference to the limited space in the shelter
- Commuters often need to purchase bus tickets from the Newsagent
- Commuters also read council noticeboard, check mail at post office, do banking, visit cafe, pub, purchase take away and groceries etc from local shops enroute to bus/while waiting for scheduled bus
Quick wins for Booth Street Amenity improvements, Booth Street Masteplan Blog Posting: Comments on Booth Street Masterplan
More about the obstruction of Booth Street footpaths at bus-shelters-boothstreet.shtml
470 Broken down parked in front of Post Office Friday 28 June 2013 approx 8.18am)
Bus stopped at Bus Shelter obstructing pedestrian crossing on Booth Street (west of Johnston Street)
Community Consultation, Booth Street Main Street Masterplan
The proposal to develop a masterplan for Booth Street from Catherine Street(Lilyfield) to Alexandra(Camperdown) street was presented to residents at a meeting at the Annandale Neighbourhood Centre (back hall) on Thursday 27 June 2013. Residents were invited to make submissions to Council.
Issues raised at the meeting included Bins, Paving, Taylor Street Crossings, Bicycle and Pedestrian safety at Wigram Road roundabout, Truck Deliveries Supermarket 4-8 Booth Street, Red Light Camera at Johnston Street, Headlight parking, Right turn arrows Booth to Johnston Street, Traffic Cushions, Double Parking at Johnston Street Shops, improving amenity of Bus Passengers and Pedestrians, prams, wheelchairs by removing bus shelters and advertising near bus stops at Johnston Street.