Promoting Annandale on the Internet since 1998
Contact Us about Advertising here or in email newsletter
By Time, Places, People or Events.
LEICHHARDT LOCAL ENVIRONMENTAL PLAN 2000 - REG 26 General provisions for the development of land includes.."Land identified for acquisition includes" "1 and 3 Cahill Street, Camperdown" - www.austlii.edu.au (viewed 24 July 2012)
The Annandale boundary in the Suburb Profile in DCP Amendment No. 3 – 7 November 2001 is still at Johnston's Creek.
These two references indicate that the Annandale boundary may have been changed as part of the 2003 LGA boundary change.
In 2010, Camperdown post office was closed and the Post Boxes were relocated to the Annandale Post Office...more.
Leichhardt Municipal Council was created under the Municipalities Act, 1867, on petition from least fifty future ratepayers.
The Municipal Area extended to Johnston's creek but in 1894, the Annandale residents voted to secede and setup the Annandale Borough.
In 1913, land adjoining the Callan Park Asylum grounds was transferred from Leichhardt Council to Balmain Council.
In 1949, the Annandale Borough and Balmain Councils were absorbed into Leichhardt Municipal Council.
In 1968, parts of Glebe were transferred from the City Council to Leichhardt.
The part of Camperdown, which triggered the Rum Rebellion is absorbed into Annandale on 8th December 1995 (Source: GNB3587,3718 http://www.gnb.nsw.gov.au/name_search/extract?id=JPjLXtsE (viewed prior to 25 June 2013)). The area of Annandale can be seen at maps.six.nsw.gov.au (viewed 8 Sep 2016)
In 2000, there was a review, followed by an appeal to the high court before Glebe, Forest Lodge and parts of Annandale were transferred to the City of Sydney, in 2003...change-boundary-2003.shtml
ramin.com.au/annandale/changes-to-boundary.shtml Last updated 7 September 2016.