Annandale NSW Australia -33.8814; 151.1707
Public Transport Trip Planner
Self Guided Illustrated Historical Walks
Each book in this series is a self guided historical walk through Annandale. Each walk explores the people and construction of Annandale. Each book covers two decades of Annandales History a hundred years apart. The first book in the series, 1890s Annandale: A Short Walk, covers the 1790s and 1890s.
Annandale Village Newsagent
113 Johnston St. Annandale
89 Booth St. Annandale
The Happen Store
55 Parramatta Road, Annandale
49 & 191 Glebe Point Rd. Glebe
Apple iPad, iPhone
Barnes & Noble
Annandale on the Web
Promoting Annandale on the Internet since 1998
Local Provenance Plants
Trees > 5m |
Trees < 5m |
0.5 - 2m |
Seed Pods |
Yellow Flowers |
Green Flowers |
Blue & Purple Flowers |
White Flowers |
Pink Flowers |
Bunya Nuts |
Banksia marginata |
circa 1800 |
Online Resources and References
Plant identification resources include:
The information in the Inner West Species list has been compiled from a number of sources.
- Primarily from: Mathew Dick, Native Plants of Inner Western Sydney, 1980, Leichhardt Association.
- With contributions from:
- Les Robinson, Field Guide to the Native Plants of Sydney, 2nd. Ed., 1994, Kangaroo Press
- Doug Benson & Jocelyn Howell, Taken for Granted. The bushland of Sydney and its suburbs. 1990, Kangaroo Press
- Sainty et al., Burnum Burnum's Wildthings, 2000, Sainty & assoc.
- Natural Heritage of Iron Cove pamphlet, Greening Australia
- Species list developed by Hawkesbury Nepean Catchment Management Trust
- Bronwyn Englaro
- Cas Liber of the Society of Australian Native Plants
- Peter Jensen of Greening Australia
- David Eckstein of Leichhardt Council
- NSW Rural Fire Service publication 'Fireguard 4- Trees & Fire Resistance'
- Baulkham Hills Rural Fire Service publication 'Fire Resistant Native Plants'.
This page www.ramin.com.au/annandale/veg-bib.shtml last updated 16 February 2012